I came across this toolbox for helping folks to facilitate online learning and online communities of practice. I really like the advice that they present, as well as their focus on curating and facilitating experiences. I also really like that they used a Google+ hangout to help develop the content for this organic course structure.…
Notes from Communication Lesson/Unit Plan
- Team building activity
- Webquest individual, peer and group evaluations
- Animoto commercial – Malaysian
- Animoto commerical – American
- Animoto commercial – Peer evaluations
- YouTube video Product placement
- Michelle Obama speech
- Michelle Obama speech graphic organizer
- Michelle Obama speech quiz via Schoology
- Textbook packet – chapter 8.1
- Textbook packet – chapter 8.2
- Textbook – chapter outlines with vocabulary
- The Frayer Model – vocabulary
Next opportunity to execute lesson:
- Team building activity – took place in the boardroom.
Notes from Channels of Distribution Unit Plan
- Graphic organizer – used to visually compare Consumer and Industrial channels
- Distribution activity- demonstrated how products are shipped through interstate, over bridges, through mountains and across the ocean. Team activity was conducted in the boardroom as well as outside.
Over a year ago, more precisely on March 9, 2012, we were having this class with my student. We were beginning to deal with Storytelling. So, I surfed the net and found an interesting activity, very guided and inspiring to do at this starting point.… Continue reading
I presented my dissertation literature review at the Sloan International Conference for Online Learning on Wednesday at 12:45pm at the Swan & Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World. Several technological glitches threw me off-point, and the topic was expansive by design (perhaps too much), but attendees were positive and responsive to the presentation.…
Dr. Melissa Kaulbach, Vice President, Academic Services and Dr. Heather Farmakis, Director, Academic Services presented “A Galaxy of Professional Development” today at The 19th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning – and it was a success!
The PLN Pitch
A personal learning network for higher education
*And my collaborative final learning artifact for Northwestern University’s Seminar Exploring Personal Learning Networks
*Useful information here: Exploring PLNs Collaboration Tools
At the end of the the five week online seminar, we were given a case to consider….…
In the interactive webinar below, academic services director Michelle Pacansky-Brock shares how you can use VoiceThread Mobile to create engaging anytime-anywhere learning environments with voice and video participation. Through real-life examples, stories, and demos, Pacansky-Brock demonstrates how VoiceThread increases community, connectedness, and trust among students and their instructor.