Charged with the task of trying to articulate what has Penny Kittle done to transform my teaching, and trying to persuade administration to support a 7-12 Professional Development opportunity for our teachers, feels like a daunting task – but a worthy task.…
Notes from Communication Lesson/Unit Plan
- Team building activity
- Webquest individual, peer and group evaluations
- Animoto commercial – Malaysian
- Animoto commerical – American
- Animoto commercial – Peer evaluations
- YouTube video Product placement
- Michelle Obama speech
- Michelle Obama speech graphic organizer
- Michelle Obama speech quiz via Schoology
- Textbook packet – chapter 8.1
- Textbook packet – chapter 8.2
- Textbook – chapter outlines with vocabulary
- The Frayer Model – vocabulary
Next opportunity to execute lesson:
- Team building activity – took place in the boardroom.
Notes from Channels of Distribution Unit Plan
- Graphic organizer – used to visually compare Consumer and Industrial channels
- Distribution activity- demonstrated how products are shipped through interstate, over bridges, through mountains and across the ocean. Team activity was conducted in the boardroom as well as outside.
Dr. Melissa Kaulbach, Vice President, Academic Services and Dr. Heather Farmakis, Director, Academic Services presented “A Galaxy of Professional Development” today at The 19th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning – and it was a success!
In the interactive webinar below, academic services director Michelle Pacansky-Brock shares how you can use VoiceThread Mobile to create engaging anytime-anywhere learning environments with voice and video participation. Through real-life examples, stories, and demos, Pacansky-Brock demonstrates how VoiceThread increases community, connectedness, and trust among students and their instructor.
Have you read Verena Roberts post yet? Did you congratulate her on receiving the iNACOL Innovative Practice award . You know she acknowledges it is because “of all of you out there who supported and helped facilitate open classroom projects over the last year!” And we know the award is also because she didn’t give up.…
On September 11th Shelly terrell interviewed me for the 30 Goals Challenge. This is the recording:
These are some reflections after hanging out:
What is the purpose of learning?
How do people learn?
What does teaching mean to you?
Who inspires you? Continue reading